Four Decades of People Helping Animals
Nearly 45 years ago, Shirley Silver and a handful of committed volunteers formed the Animal Welfare League of Trumbull County. Since then, thousands of animal lives have been saved and thousands of human lives enriched by the daily work that is done at our Shelter.
In 2013, the AWL's staff logged 7,902 miles traveling across the 625-square-mile service area assisting animals in need and responding to reports of emergency, abuse or neglect. In 2013, 1,002 animals passed through the Shelter. This number includes wild and exotic animals and pets that were routed to other rescue groups or temporarily housed.
- 81 Lost pets were reunited with their families
- 759 Animals placed in forever homes
- 187 Emergency calls were answered
- 4,375 Volunteer hours were donated.
- 574 Cruelty and neglect calls were answered