Our New Shelter
What Are the Advantages of the New Shelter?
- The new shelter is larger to allow us to save more animals.
- The larger space and smart design of the new shelter will allow us to provide an environment that promotes and protects the health and happiness of the animals. This includes the installation of a state-of-the-art air exchange system, the use of lots of natural light and larger kennels and cages.
- The new shelter will allow for specialized areas to provide medical care and quarantine/isolate contagious pets.
- Other highlighted areas include:
- outdoor and indoor exercise areas for dogs
- quiet areas for families to become familiar with their new lifelong companions
- education and training areas
- retail space
Why Should I care?
Animal problems affect everyone. Beyond the fact that we are trying to make our community a kinder place for animals, we are also trying to make it safer and healthier for people, who are at greater risk when irresponsible owners let their pets roam free. Abandoned and stray animals can bite, destroy property and cause traffic accidents.
How Will the New Shelter Be Funded?
The capital campaign for the new animal shelter and education center is funded through private donations and the ongoing operation of the new shelter will be funded through such new programs as training classes, a pet store and volunteer driven fundraising.